Tokyo 2020 is not only the arena where the best athletes in the world compete and triumph, but also a major “catwalk” for innovating materials.
During the second Internation Conference on INNOVATIONS IN SPORTS MATERIALS, researchers, sports material and technical designers, athletes, sports organisations, sports material engineers, and authorities will address the following themes:
- new developments in sports materials
- monitoring equipment
- sports clothing
- smart materials
- thermophysical comfort for top performances in tropical conditions
- performance enhancing materials and equipment, etc.
In addition to the official programme, we also offer several free of charge events exclusive to our esteemed conference participants.
Visits on November 19, 2019
We organize two simultaneous visits. Please indicate your choice on the registration form.
Option one: Centrum Sport Vlaanderen in Gent
- Flemish Cycling Centre "EDDY MERCKX", Topsporthal, Gymnastics hall, Fencing hall, (boarding) school facilities
- start: November 19 at 2 pm
Option two: Liebaert - textile company in Deinze
- quality fabrics, made in Belgium
- start= November 19 at 2 pm
- maximum visitors = 80
Morning run for or a healthy start of the conference day!
- start on November 20 at 7.30 am
- you can opt for a 5 km or a 10 km run
- running track: recreation area "Blaarmeersen"
- shower and breakfast : "Topsporthal"
Join the early morning running team and you might win a smart watch
All participants will be able to track their run by means of a Polar Vantage V smart watch. After the run, a lottery will decide which lucky participant will receive a Polar Vantage V as a gift and a souvenir of this event!More information